The Technion’s Office for Prizes and Awards has begun operating in 2020 with the aim to promote academic excellence and to enhance Technion’s research profile on the global stage. The unit works to increase the international recognition of Technion’s leading scientists by supporting their nominations for major recognitions and awards.
The activity of the unit helps to strengthen the reputation of Technion’s researchers in Israel and worldwide.
Our main objectives are:
- To maintain a database of national and international research awards, constantly updated and available to all Technion faculty members.
- To identify meritorious candidates for major national and international research award nominations.
- To assist in preparing submission dossiers of candidates.
- To submit the dossiers to the relevant research award agencies.
- To maintain high quality nominations.
Academic Leader: Distinguished Professor Ilan Marek
Chairman of the Technion’s President’s Committee for Prizes and Awards
Unit Coordinator: Michal Meyer
Head, Awards and Recognition Unit
Tel: +972 -77-887-4984. Email: MichalMeyer@technion.ac.il